Saturday 19 June 2010

Joker bank heist mask.






Since becoming enthralled with the character of the Joker, portrayed by Heath Ledger, I decided it was about time I sorted myself out the mask he wears in "the dark knight" at the start of the film. I went looking for licensed replicas and was bitterly disapointed. I haven't displayed them but they're easy to find if you use your google-fu! Rubies, the halloween costume people have released one, its cheap and cheerful and pretty innaccurate. Made from vinyl, it doesn't sit correctly and has a mildly conehead appearance. Ok for trick or treating, but not something you can really display. Noble has also produced a mask. The prototype shots revealed very little, as they had used a photoshopped picture of a screen shot from the film, literally cutting and pasting the image onto the stand they had created. When they eventually released pics, it was if a blind man had sculpted it out of butter using a hammer. Many pre-orders were sent back. it was made out of porcelein, maybe to reduce the chance of someone trying to wear it, as rubies had the costuming rights. The original was carved using an auto cad designer and carved out of foam before being vacuum formed over. It is supposed to be stiff and retains its shape. I dont have a vacuum former, so it was a WED clay sculpt, which was then moulded in RTV silicone, and then cast from fiberglass resin and matting. This first one is my master and is verrrrry thick so doesnt fit my face very well, even though I will be making them thinner from here on in. It just means that I can display this until my mould dies and then use it to make new moulds. I hope to make a few more to sell to friends whilst I'm out of work. God knows, the world definitely needs more accurate representations of this iconic piece. Enjoy!

17 comments:

  1. Ah - you caught up on your blog love it! Hope you're having a grand Saturday I've been in about an hour from work - boo hoo - intend on doing some crafting myself me thinks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good plan sister dearest! on with getting my right hand of doom from hellboy completed, starting to reallly take shape now! yeay! Enjoy your day sweetie!
    x x lil bro x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why hasn't some special effects studio type place snapped you up already? It's insane! Can't you bombarde some of these places with your blog addy? You should be working on these films, creating the things that people want to copy of YOURS! Such talent. It's amazing! Saw this on Virginia's FB and couldn't comment - am so glad you posted it here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i saw your comment this morning Carmen, and you made my day. thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This better not be a reworked recasting off of the one I sold you a couple of years ago. I made a ton of these, which you forgot to state in your blog that me, an independant artist has not only made those, but sold one to you.
    IT looks to me like you added more onto my mask, and remolded it.


    Tyler Haslett

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, you should've done better finish work, I can tell thats the mask I sold to you under there!

    To his friends, family, he didnt make that mask. What he did was buy one from me, and remolded it. If you want proof, send me an email, nofarmy@hotmail.com
    Dont even think you're selling any of those.

    ReplyDelete
  7. please stand by for next post, this boy is about to have his ass handed to him....

    ReplyDelete
  8. You go John, it's ass handing time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. http://jdarko-jdarko.blogspot.com/2010/09/tyler-haslett-is-stupid-douche-aka-dont.html
    My point, I think, is proved....

    ReplyDelete
  10. How dare he state you re-moulded it - the jumped up little sod - loved the ass handing time too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. its the "dont even think youre selling any of those..." like hes implying that he owns the license hehehe. Asshat, and playing internet tough guy makes you even more amusing,mainly cos I've seen pictures of you Tyler and youre about as scary as cheese.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tyler has since offered a formal apology for the unfounded accusations, they can be viewed at http://jdarko-jdarko.blogspot.com/2010/09/tyler-haslett-is-stupid-douche-aka-dont.html
    in the comments section....

    ReplyDelete
  13. http://savannahnow.com/latest-news/2011-05-24/savannah-man-charged-internet-artwork-scam

    ReplyDelete
  14. He was just kicked off the Facebook prop page for his actions (attacking members).

    ReplyDelete

  15. Fortunately for Els, he'll get another crack this year, as the USGA announced on Thursday that they'd award Els with another special exemption for the 119th U.S. Open at Pebble Beach this June. It will mark Els' 27th consecutive appearance in the event, which has included his two victories, eight top 10s and five finishes inside the top five, the most recent coming in 2013 at Merion.
    US Open Championship Live stream

    ReplyDelete
  16. It’s a major. Don’t even need to hear from TW on this one. The only adjustment you’ll have to make is that after a decade-plus as a 14-time major winner, Woods is now entering the PGA as a 15-time major champ. Plenty of people will ride Woods as the favorite at Bethpage, too, even after a month away from competition. us open golf 2019 live stream

    ReplyDelete
  17. Excellent weblog right here! Also your site loads up fast! What host are you the use of? Can I am getting your associate hyperlink for your host? I want my web site loaded up as quickly as yours lol



    go123movies

    ReplyDelete