Friday 11 June 2010

Getting back on track...







I have been working on this piece for a while, it got hidden in the utility room for an age, and the work i had put into it was lost. But I completed yesterday and am glad I did. cardboard base, Fibreglass resin, car body filler, milliput model putty, and a broom handle that I turned on my belt sander. I lost many a fingertip doing the spikes (18 spikes in total and only 10 fingers...) primered grey, painted black and dry brushed with silver paint. Added accents with gold rub and buff and it was complete. As I'm unemployed at the mo, it will eventually be sold, but I wanted to keep it for a few days because I'm happy with it. It reminds me that my hands are not just for wringing in panic. Credit to Blind squirrel for inspiration, and for the gent at the Leeds armouries Weta exhibition that I think saw me taking photos of this helmet and turned away. It was a very insignificant but noble gesture. here is the Witch King helmet from Lord of the Rings, enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. A beautiful creation from a beautiful soul - my spirits lifted when I saw you'd posted tonight! The original is beautiful and with a lot of work in it! I love it and love you with all my heart!

    Hugs

    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my God! This literally stopped me breathing as I scrolled down the photos. It is a rare and devilish thing you have created and I LOVE it. (So does my son!) Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you Penny! It really was a labour of love. I think I would've ended up with less injuries if I'd hand beaten steel to make it. But a commen like yours really makes it worth it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, and Virginia, you know you rock! Like Gibralter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed the last couple of posts on my catch up the other day! That'll teach me for trying to catch up with EVERYONE in one day. This is amazing - looks like it should be in an exhibit of it;s own. Can't think how you will part with it, it's just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete